Today Dakota had his neurology appt. As you all know his seizures haven't decreased since we took him off some meds back in May. He had a slight increase last week which we feel was due to the stress his body was under. He is back to his normal daily numbers. The doctor talked about adding a new med. At this point we don't feel that its the best choice. Everyone has seen a huge change in Dakota. We are seeing lots of smiles, he's sitting for longer periods and tolerating therapies, he's also been more vocal. Adding a new med we could loose all of that again. Thankfully the doctor agreed. When we last checked his levels his phenobarbital wasn't even at a theraputic level. We have been slowly weaning it and tonight was his last dose. So as of right now for seizure control he is on one med and the keto diet. His doctor has referred us to see someone that specializes with the VNS(Vagus nerve stimulation) to decide if that will be the next step for Dakota. Right now he has uncontrollable epilepsy due to his gene mutation and we don't know if we will ever be able to control it. All we can do is be positive and thankful
As for his recovery he his doing great! He's even gone without his binky since last Thursday.
Our 31 calendar raffle is coming to an end. Don't forget to purchase your tickets.
Please spread the word about our Golf for Dakota Tournament in September.
Hope that everyone is enjoying there summer!